If your loved one served in the U.S. military or is the spouse of a U.S. veteran, he or she may be eligible for home care services benefits through the Veterans' Pension Benefit program. In some cases children or other dependents may also be eligible.
To qualify, he or she must:
- Not have a dishonorable discharge
- Have served at least 90 days on active duty
- Have served at least one day during a period of war (as defined by the VA)
- Be over age 65 or totally and permanently disabled
- Meet specific financial criteria
If you think your loved one or living survivors may qualify for this pension benefit, please check with your local Veterans Benefits Office. The Veteran must have met the service requirements above for surviving spouses and children applying for the Survivors Pension.